This is the outline of 4 parts for the VSRA Grant Proposal due each January – $500 grant
YOU can complete the VSRA Grant Proposal to help fund your TR work.
YOU can look at the 4 parts listed below to help guide your teacher research
(a mentor text)
B. Rationale – The proposal should include a rationale that addresses the following:
• What are the research questions?
• Why are these questions personally important to you?
• Why are these questions important to the field?
Note: Questions should be written in an open-ended format rather than yes/no questions.
C. Methods – The proposal should include a description of how you will design, implement, evaluate and share your findings. Provide descriptions of the following points:
• All participants
• How you will conduct the study
• Data to be collected
• Analysis of data
• Sharing findings
D. Timeline – The proposal should include a timeline indicating when each aspect of your project will be accomplished. Note that all data collection and preliminary findings must be completed and ready to disseminate by the 2019 VSRA conference.
• Each submission should include a letter of support indicating permission for the research to be conducted in the school division and for the findings to be disseminated by VSRA. The appropriate school official should write the letter on the system’s or school’s letterhead.
• Data collection tools
• Budget (Should a include a proposed line-item breakdown of costs)